The Internal Quality Assurance Cell of Berhampore College was formed in 7th July under the chairmanship of Hon’ble Principal Dr.SamareshMandal and Dr. Sasanka Shekhar Bhowmik, Associate Professor of Department of Commerce as its co-ordinator. As recommended by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council, the Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) was formed as a post-accreditation quality sustenance measure to internalize and institutionalize quality assurance measures. Subsequently on 07-03-2017, Mr. Somnath Chowdhury, Assistant Professor of Dept. of Economics assumed the position of co-ordinator of IQAC. Presently, Dr Indrani Basu is acting the role of Co-ordinator of IQAC since July, 2019. The objective behind setting up of IQAC to ensure and uphold post accreditation quality control. It is an inalienable part of college’s endeavour to cater the opportunities of qualitative education for marginalised section of society. This cell is engaging to plan and implement quality initiatives and evaluate. It conducts regular meetings with quality agenda and maintains its proceedings.
The primary objectives of the Cell are:
- To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
The functions of the IQAC Cell are:
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution;
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process;
- Arrangement for feedback response from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes;
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education;
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles;
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement;
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices;
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality;
- Development of Quality Culture in the institution;
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC, to be submitted to NAAC.
Benefits of IQAC
- Ensure heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement;
- Ensure internalization of the quality culture;
- Ensure enhancement and coordination among various activities of the institution and institutionalize all good practices;
- Provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning;
- Act as a dynamic system for quality changes in HEIs;
- Build an organised methodology of documentation and internal communication.